Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field background in important IT topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about how we are different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.