One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network frees you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.