Among America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in important IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related record and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.