One of America's premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working background in important IT topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service propositions which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.