One of America's top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide range of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working background in important IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.