Among the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional details about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons we are different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.