Among the top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.