One of the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.