One of the top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about our job openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.