Among the top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a broad variety of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are different by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key areas beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.