Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.