One of the premier computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.