Among the premiere network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions that align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.