Among America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.