Among the top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service proposals which associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.