One of the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in important IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.