Among the top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.