One of the premiere network consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of critical software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online network support. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.