Among the premiere IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, and an independent work model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.