One of America's top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.