One of the premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and field background in high-demand IT topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about how we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze projects, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates us from most network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.