Among the premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international presence for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about our job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and working background in important information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.