Among the premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.