One of the premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more information about contract work with our Experts Team, go to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.