One of America's premier computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information about our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from typical network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.