One of America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.