Among America's premiere computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and working background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are unique by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of service proposals which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.