Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.