Among America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and field experience in important information technology areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in important areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.