Among the premier network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning our job openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in important IT areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.