One of the premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which associate our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.