One of the premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about how we are unique by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.