Among the premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service propositions that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.