Among America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.