One of America's premiere IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of help desk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you must have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.