Among America's premier network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in important IT topics beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are exceptional by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.