Among America's premier computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how we are different by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions which associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.