Among America's premier computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.