Among the top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad range of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.