One of America's top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out more information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.