One of the top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must have standard certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.