One of the premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and working background in important information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which tie Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.