Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about our work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.