One of America's premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about how Progent is unique by going to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.