One of America's premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in important IT topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.