One of America's premiere network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is different by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.