Among the top computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.