Among America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.