Among the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about reasons Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.