One of the top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international presence for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.