One of the premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.