One of America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional details concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.