One of America's premiere IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in important IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.