Among America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions that tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.