Among the top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in important IT areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more information about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.