Among the premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology topics beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting proposals which align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.