One of America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide variety of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning our job openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is different by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.