One of the premier computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more information about freelance work with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.