One of America's top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network service. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in important IT topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how we are unique by visiting How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions which align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.