Among the premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional information about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which align our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our staff of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.