Among the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is unique by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.