One of the premiere computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and field experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.