One of America's premier computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are different by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are building a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.