Among America's top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of vital software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons we are exceptional by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.