Among the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.