One of the premier IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad range of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.