Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning how we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.