Among America's premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish an international organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about ways that we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.