One of America's premier IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in crucial IT areas outside our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To find out more details about freelance work with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are different by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze projects, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.