Among the premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional information about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service propositions which tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California however we are building a quickly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.