One of the premier IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from being part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.