One of America's top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn more details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.