Among America's top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about our work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial IT topics outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from most consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.