One of the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide variety of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is different by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of service propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our staff of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.