Among the top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more details about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.