Among the top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and field background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.