Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are different by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.