Among the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.