Among America's premiere IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad range of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about how Progent is different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.