Among the premier computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and field experience in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn more information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about how we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.