One of the premier network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.