Among America's premier network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.