One of the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad variety of vital software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about our work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about how we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you donít have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.