One of America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about our work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how we are unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.