One of the top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad range of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in important information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of help desk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.