One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information about our job openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.