One of America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field experience in important information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more information about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is different by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.