One of America's premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.