One of the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and working background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out more details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information about how we are different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.