Among the premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in important IT topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about how we are different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal maturity from being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.