One of the top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.