One of the premier IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join our team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.