Among the premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.