One of America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate projects, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.