One of America's premier IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To learn additional details about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are unique by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.