One of the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.