Among America's premier IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about our job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about how Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.