Among America's premiere computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are unique by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.