One of America's premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about how Progent is exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.