Among America's top computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online network support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-based fee model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.