One of America's top network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and working background in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.