One of America's top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international presence for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are different by going to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service proposals that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.