One of the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of service proposals that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you must provide basic certifications for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.