Among the top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional details concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement proposals that tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.