Among America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To find out more details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are different by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.