Among America's premier computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning how we are different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.