One of the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized expertise and working background in important information technology areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how we are different by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.