Among the top computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning our work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth by being part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.