One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional information about contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.