Among the premier IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad variety of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are different by referring to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.