Among the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of key business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our work opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and field experience in crucial information technology areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional details about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is different by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.