One of America's premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and field experience in crucial IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To find out additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.