One of the top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but we are building a quickly growing group of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.