Among America's premiere computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of critical business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals that tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however we are building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.