Among America's premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of critical software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.