Among the top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of vital software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.