Among America's top computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about how Progent is different by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.