One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.