One of the premiere network consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your skills, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.