Among the premiere network consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details concerning freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions which associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now provide continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.