Among America's top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and hands-on background in important IT topics beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.