One of the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.