Among America's top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide range of vital software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of service propositions that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.