Among the top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of vital software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and working background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out more details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals that align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.