One of America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad range of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your skills, but you must have standard certifications for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.