Among America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of vital software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in important IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.