Among the top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of key business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and field background in important IT areas beyond our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.