Among the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in important IT areas outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.