Among the top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about how we are different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants with CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.