One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about our work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized expertise and field experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how we are different by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you must have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.