Among the premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our work openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.