Among America's top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about how we are unique by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2229