One of America's top network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in important IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.