One of the premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To find out more information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of desktop service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.