One of America's top network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial IT topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about how Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our staff of desktop support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.