Among America's premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide variety of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting proposals that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.