Among America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about our job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning reasons we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California but Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.