One of the premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of key business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.