Among the premier network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about our job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is different by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to apply for any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.