Among the premiere IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our job openings, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to market. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.