One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.