Among America's premiere computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and working experience in important IT topics beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To find out more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about ways that we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.