Among the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in important information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning how we are exceptional by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your skills via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.