Among the top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about our work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional details about freelance work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning how we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.