Among the top network consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.