One of the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn more information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.