One of America's top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning our work openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and following a strong results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.