One of the premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is unique by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.