Among the top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad range of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.