Among America's top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.