One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.