One of America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in important information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you must provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.