Among the premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field experience in crucial IT topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To find out additional information about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.