One of the top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.