Among the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of vital business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information about contract work with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.