One of America's top network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information concerning freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are unique by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.