Among the top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide range of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about how we are unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of service propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.