Among the top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and field background in crucial IT topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you want to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.