Among the premiere network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are unique by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that align our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.