One of the premiere network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our job openings, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.