One of the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in important information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.