Among America's premiere network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide range of critical business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and field experience in important IT areas outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions that tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.