Among the premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working background in important IT areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals that tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.