Among the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are unique by visiting How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.