One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional information about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about ways that Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which associate Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join our team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.