Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of critical software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office structure enables you to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of service propositions that tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you donít have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.