Among the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about reasons we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office network frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.