One of the premier computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.