Among America's top IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial IT areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.