One of America's premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in important IT areas beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are different by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.