Among the premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to learn more information about freelance work with our Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít offer excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.