Among the top IT consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized expertise and field experience in important IT topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting propositions which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.