Among America's premiere network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in important IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.