One of America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.