Among America's top computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information about our work openings, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn more details about contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.