One of America's premier computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of key software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of help desk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.