Among the premiere network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our work openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and working background in important IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that Progent is different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.