Among America's premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.