One of the premier computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.