Among the top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.