Among the premier network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad variety of vital software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about how we are different by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.