Among America's premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about our job openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.