One of America's top network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working background in crucial information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.