Among the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is different by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key areas beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.