Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.