One of the top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our work openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.