Among America's top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about reasons we are exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.