Among America's top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more information about contract work with our Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.