One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and working background in crucial information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how Progent is unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from other network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.