Among America's premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is different by going to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.