Among America's premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about reasons we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you wish to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.