Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about contracting work with our Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.