One of America's top IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about our job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and remote support professionals. Also, We are looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.