One of the premier IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.