One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you should provide basic credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are building a quickly growing team of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.