One of America's top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more details about freelance work with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional information about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals which align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.