Among America's premier IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn more information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.