One of the top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of desktop support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.