One of America's premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for providing online network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven expertise and hands-on experience in important IT topics beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is different by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from other consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.