Among the premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out additional information about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from other network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.