Among the premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and field experience in important IT topics outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and helps you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.