Among the premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To find out more details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how we are exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.