One of America's premiere network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and working experience in crucial IT topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information about contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.