Among America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and field background in important IT topics outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning ways that Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you want to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity by being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.