One of the top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of key business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish an international presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven knowledge and field background in crucial IT topics beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that we are different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model provides advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that tie our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.