Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Jacksonville organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Jacksonville, Florida businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Jacksonville, Florida company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.