Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Jersey City company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Jersey City, New Jersey companies to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Support Desk support services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Jersey City, New Jersey business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.