Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Jersey City company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Jersey City, New Jersey businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit their active tickets, add details, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Support Desk support transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards critical data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Jersey City, New Jersey organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.