Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Jersey City company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Jersey City, New Jersey organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Jersey City, New Jersey organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.