Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Jersey City organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Jersey City, New Jersey companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Jersey City, New Jersey business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.