Progent is looking for Senior Microsoft Consultants in the to help a range of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive computer support and IT outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Proven models for customer acquisition, service delivery, virtual network infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Certified Partners in the United States. Our extensive support database and team style of problem solving has allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal international client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) MCSE and/or MCITP:EA, joining Progent and working for Progent's clients will expand your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-productivity engineers. Progent's focus on providing IT expertise and network help to small and mid-size companies will give you the opportunity to operate personally with top executives and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides advanced tools for remote access and mobile communications to enable you to deliver fast solutions when you take on business-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008 powered IT environments
- Operate on-site and remotely to analyze and fix both urgent and lingering issues related to reliability, protection, capacity, accessibility, and overall functionality
- Install, setup and troubleshoot applications on Windows Servers
- Configure and deploy Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design information technology architectures including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Support and administer MS Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, MS Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and implement upgrades to MS desktop OS, Windows Servers, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Servers
- Design and test protection policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backups and AV as well as offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system architecture and proactive server monitoring
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- 10+ years' experience in desktop, server administration and IT Infrastructure support (new software installation, machine setup, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including workstation program compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity problems
- Experience in business software support (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a virtual office environment, providing consistent follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless connectivity technology
- Works independently and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong troubleshooting skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to be considered for this position, you should email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job number of the opening that you are applying for.
Return to the main Jobs page.