Progent is looking for a Desktop Support Consultant to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Why Consultants Are Joining Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and IT outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, support delivery, network infrastructure, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Certified Partners in the U.S. Our extensive technical information base and team style of problem solving has helped Progent to build up a strong staff and a satisfied international client base.
If you are a desktop support consultant, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-output consultants. Progent's focus on providing IT expertise and network support to small companies will be your chance to work personally with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure offers state-of-the-art tools for remote access and mobile communications to enable you to implement fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Home-based, virtual office environment
Required Key Areas of Expertise
- Microsoft Exchange-based Outlook email
- Microsoft software products and applications, workstation, notebook and peripheral setup, offsite access for users
- Setup and validate Virtual Private Network (VPN) configurations
- Basic network management, such as user maintenance
- Support, diagnose and troubleshoot all versions of Windows-based desktop and laptop computer systems and others as needed
- Work directly with computer end users in assisting to identify and resolve application and operating system issues that hinder user productivity
- Install, setup, configure and test a variety of application programs on user workstations
- Work on-site to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems that impact reliability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall functionality of desktops, laptops, printers and other end user equipment
- Perform deployment of new end-user hardware as well as other installations, upgrades, and swaps of desktops, laptop computers and related equipment
- Assure the timely diagnosis and repair of desktop and laptop computers and related equipment
- Maintain an expert knowledge in desktop and laptop computing applications and use of connectivity infrastructure including the Internet
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
If you wish to look further into this position, please send your qualifications to email@example.com. Please specify the job code of the opportunity that interests you.
- Three years background in workstation admin (new program configuration, computer and peripheral deployment, trouble analysis and correction)
- Strong computer troubleshooting and problem isolation ability, talent to implement temporary patches to network problems and escalate problems when necessary
- In-depth experience providing software help to small-companies for all Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent speaking and written communication ability
- Demonstrated dedication to enabling continuous operations
- Operate without supervision and show marked quality of ownership and motivation
Return to the main Jobs page.