Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client marketing, service delivery, network infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our extensive support information base and team style of problem solving has helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, high-productivity engineers. Progent's concentration on offering computer consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to operate personally with decision makers and contribute measurably to the success of exciting companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office network provides advanced tools for remote access and wireless communications to help you to implement fast solutions when you help with business-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Operate on premises and online to analyze and fix both urgent and lingering problems related to availability, protection, capacity, connectivity, and general functionality
- Install, configure and troubleshoot apps hosted on Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT topologies including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud models
- Support and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, MS Office and Office 365, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and carry out updates to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server
- Design and test protection policies such as onsite high availability, resilience, backups and AV as well as offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Efficient network architecture and proactive server monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to debug software application problems including workstation software compatibility issues, server problems, data service issues, and access problems
- Background in business software support (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless communication technology
- Works independently and demonstrates high level of ownership and drive
- Possess a reasonable understanding of networking layers L1-L7 and excellent debugging capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to apply for this opening, you should send your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job number of the opening that you are applying for.