Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative network consulting and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, service delivery, network infrastructure, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in America. Our shared support information base and team approach to problem solving has helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied international customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-productivity engineers. Progent's focus on offering computer consulting and network support to small companies will be your chance to work personally with top executives and add significantly to the success of exciting companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art technology for remote access and mobile communications to enable you to implement quick solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Operate on premises and remotely to analyze and fix both urgent and ongoing issues related to availability, security, performance, connectivity, and general functionality
- Install, setup and troubleshoot apps on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT architectures including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Support and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange Server, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and implement updates to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server
- Design and validate security policies including on-premises high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust network architecture and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ yearsí background in PC, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine provisioning, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues including workstation program compatibility issues, server problems, data service problems, and connectivity problems
- Experience in business software support (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in a virtual office setting, providing consistent follow-through and taking advantage online access and wireless connectivity tools
- Works independently and shows strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Has a reasonable knowledge of network layers L1-L7 and strong troubleshooting skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to apply for this position, you should email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job code of the position that you are considering.