Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Joining Progent
Progent is an innovative computer consulting and information technology outsourcing company based in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Unique models for customer acquisition, support delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our shared technical database and team approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to build up a strong staff and a loyal international customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's customers will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity engineers. Progent's concentration on offering IT expertise and technical support to small businesses will give you the chance to work personally with top executives and contribute measurably to the success of exciting businesses. Also, Progent's virtual office network offers advanced technology for remote support and wireless connectivity to help you to implement fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Operate on premises and remotely to identify and fix both urgent and lingering problems associated with availability, security, performance, connectivity, and general productivity
- Install, setup and troubleshoot applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology architectures including virtualized infrastructures and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud models
- Support and manage MS Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office and Office 365, telephony, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and carry out upgrades to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange
- Design and validate protection policies including on-premises high availability, resilience, backups and AV plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system architecture and proactive server monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device provisioning, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug application problems including desktop PC software compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Background in business productivity application support (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-through and using remote access and mobile connectivity tools
- Operates without supervision and shows high level of ownership and initiative
- Has a reasonable knowledge of network layers 1 through 7 and excellent troubleshooting capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to pursue this opening, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify the job code of the position that interests you.