Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Teaming with Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and information technology outsourcing company based in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer marketing, support delivery, network infrastructure, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our shared technical information base and collaborative approach to problem solving has allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal international client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-output engineers. Progent's focus on offering computer consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work personally with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies. Also, Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technology for remote support and wireless connectivity to enable you to deliver quick solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Operate onsite and remotely to identify and fix both urgent and lingering issues associated with availability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall functionality
- Deploy, configure and debug apps on Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT architectures including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office and Office 365, telephony, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and implement upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange
- Develop and test protection policies such as onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and anti-virus as well as offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system design and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ yearsí experience in PC, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues including desktop PC software compatibility problems, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Experience in business application assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-through and taking advantage online access and mobile connectivity technology
- Works without supervision and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and drive
- Has a reasonable knowledge of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong debugging capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to apply for this opening, you should send your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number of the opening that you are applying for.