Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Teaming with Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Unique models for customer marketing, service delivery, network infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive technical information base and team approach to problem resolution has helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's customers will improve your skills through cooperation with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity engineers. Progent's focus on offering computer expertise and network support to small businesses will be your chance to work personally with decision makers and add measurably to the success of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure offers state-of-the-art technology for remote access and mobile communications to enable you to deliver fast solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and repair Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Operate onsite and remotely to identify and resolve urgent and ongoing problems related to reliability, security, performance, accessibility, and general functionality
- Install, setup and troubleshoot apps on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design information technology architectures including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office suite, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and carry out upgrades to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange Server
- Develop and validate protection policies such as onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and anti-virus plus offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust system design and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ years’ experience in PC, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device provisioning, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application problems including workstation software compatibility issues, server problems, data service issues, and access issues
- Experience in business productivity software support (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a virtual office setting, delivering reliable follow-up and using online access and mobile connectivity tools
- Works independently and demonstrates high level of responsibility and initiative
- Has a reasonable understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent debugging capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to pursue this job, you should email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number of the opening that you are asking about.