Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive computer consulting and IT outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, service delivery, network environment, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in America. Our extensive technical database and collaborative style of problem solving has helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity consultants. Progent's focus on providing IT expertise and technical help to small and mid-size companies will give you the chance to operate closely with top executives and add measurably to the success of exciting businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network offers advanced tools for remote access and wireless communications to enable you to deliver quick solutions when you take on mission-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Operate on premises and online to analyze and resolve urgent and lingering issues associated with availability, protection, performance, connectivity, and overall productivity
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot apps on Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office suite, telephony, and Internet access
- Plan and carry out upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange
- Develop and validate protection policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV as well as offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust system design and 24x7 server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ experience in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine setup, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug software application problems including desktop PC program compatibility issues, server issues, data service problems, and access problems
- Background in business productivity software support (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a virtual office setting, providing consistent follow-through and taking advantage remote access and wireless communication tools
- Operates without supervision and demonstrates high level of responsibility and initiative
- Possess a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent troubleshooting skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to look further into this job, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job code of the opening that interests you.