Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative network support and information technology outsourcing company based in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer marketing, support delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our extensive technical information base and team approach to problem solving has helped Progent to build up a strong staff and a loyal worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through cooperation with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity consultants. Progent's concentration on offering computer expertise and technical support to small businesses will be your chance to operate closely with top executives and contribute measurably to the success of dynamic companies. Also, Progent's virtual office network offers state-of-the-art tools for remote support and wireless connectivity to help you to deliver fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Operate on premises and online to identify and fix urgent and ongoing issues related to availability, security, performance, connectivity, and general productivity
- Install, configure and troubleshoot apps on Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT architectures including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and manage MS Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, MS Office and Office 365, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and carry out upgrades to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server
- Develop and test protection policies including on-premises high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV as well as offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust network design and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in desktop, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug software application issues such as desktop PC software compatibility issues, server problems, data service issues, and access issues
- Experience in business application support (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a virtual office environment, providing consistent follow-up and utilizing online access and mobile connectivity tools
- Works without supervision and shows high level of ownership and drive
- Possess a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent troubleshooting skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to look further into this opening, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job number of the position that you are applying for.