Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive network support and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our shared support database and collaborative approach to problem resolution has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-output consultants. Progent's focus on offering IT expertise and network support to small businesses will give you the chance to operate personally with decision makers and contribute measurably to the success of exciting companies. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art tools for remote access and wireless communications to help you to deliver fast solutions when you take on business-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Operate onsite and remotely to identify and fix urgent and ongoing issues associated with availability, security, capacity, accessibility, and overall productivity
- Deploy, configure and debug apps hosted on Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT topologies including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud models
- Support and administer MS Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, MS Office suite, telephony, and Internet access
- Plan and implement updates to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and validate protection policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backup/restore and anti-virus as well as offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Efficient network architecture and proactive health monitoring and alerting
- 10+ yearsí experience in desktop, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software installation, device setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including workstation software compatibility issues, server problems, data service problems, and connectivity issues
- Background in business software support (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a virtual office setting, providing consistent follow-up and taking advantage remote access and wireless communication tools
- Operates independently and demonstrates strong sense of responsibility and drive
- Possess a reasonable understanding of network layers L1-L7 and excellent troubleshooting capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to look further into this position, please send your qualifications to email@example.com. Be sure to specify the job number of the position that you are asking about.