Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Teaming with Progent
Progent is an innovative computer consulting and IT outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, support delivery, network infrastructure, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our shared support information base and collaborative style of problem solving has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, high-output engineers. Progent's concentration on providing IT expertise and technical help to small companies will be your opportunity to operate personally with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides advanced technology for remote access and mobile connectivity to enable you to implement fast solutions when you take on mission-critical problems.
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Operate on premises and remotely to analyze and fix both urgent and lingering issues related to availability, security, performance, accessibility, and overall productivity
- Install, setup and troubleshoot apps hosted on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology topologies including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud models
- Support and manage MS Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Design and carry out upgrades to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and test protection policies including onsite high availability, resilience, backups and anti-virus as well as offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Efficient network design and proactive health monitoring
- 10+ years background in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, machine provisioning, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application problems such as desktop PC software compatibility issues, server problems, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Background in business productivity software assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual office setting, providing reliable follow-through and utilizing remote access and mobile communication technology
- Operates independently and demonstrates high level of responsibility and drive
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of network layers L1-L7 and excellent debugging capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to pursue this position, you should email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number of the opportunity that you are asking about.