Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative network support and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, support delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our extensive technical database and team approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to build up a strong staff and a satisfied international customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's clients will expand your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-output consultants. Progent's focus on providing IT consulting and network help to small companies will be your opportunity to work closely with top executives and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides advanced technology for remote access and mobile connectivity to enable you to implement fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Operate onsite and online to analyze and fix both urgent and lingering issues related to availability, security, performance, accessibility, and general functionality
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot applications on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT architectures including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Support and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Design and implement upgrades to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange
- Design and test security policies including onsite high availability, resilience, backups and AV plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust network architecture and proactive server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application problems such as workstation software compatibility problems, server problems, data service issues, and access problems
- Experience in business productivity software assistance (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and utilizing online access and wireless communication tools
- Operates without supervision and demonstrates high level of ownership and drive
- Has a working understanding of network layers 1 through 7 and strong debugging capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to look further into this position, you should email your qualifications to email@example.com. Please include the job number of the position that interests you.