Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer marketing, service delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive technical database and collaborative style of problem solving has helped Progent to build up a talented staff and a loyal worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-productivity consultants. Progent's concentration on offering computer consulting and technical help to small companies will be your opportunity to work closely with top executives and add measurably to the success of dynamic businesses. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art technology for remote access and mobile connectivity to enable you to deliver quick solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based networks
- Work on premises and online to identify and fix urgent and lingering problems associated with reliability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall productivity
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot apps hosted on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design information technology topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and manage MS Outlook client with back office Exchange, Microsoft Office and Office 365, telephony, and Internet connectivity
- Design and implement updates to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and validate protection policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backup/restore and anti-virus as well as remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust system architecture and proactive health monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ experience in PC, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug software application issues including desktop PC software compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Background in business productivity application support (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-through and taking advantage online access and wireless communication technology
- Works independently and shows strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Has a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent debugging skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to be considered for this job, you should email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify the job code of the position that interests you.