Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Joining Progent
Progent is a progressive computer consulting and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer marketing, support delivery, network environment, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive support information base and collaborative approach to problem resolution has helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-productivity consultants. Progent's concentration on providing IT expertise and network support to small companies will be your chance to operate closely with top executives and add measurably to the success of exciting companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office network offers advanced technology for remote support and wireless connectivity to enable you to implement quick solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Operate on premises and online to identify and resolve both urgent and lingering problems related to reliability, security, performance, accessibility, and overall productivity
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot applications on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange Server, MS Office suite, telephony, and Internet access
- Design and carry out updates to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange Server
- Design and validate protection policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backup/restore and AV as well as offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust network design and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ yearsí experience in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, device provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues including workstation program compatibility issues, server problems, data service problems, and access issues
- Experience in business productivity software assistance (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and taking advantage online access and mobile communication tools
- Operates without supervision and shows strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of networking layers L1-L7 and strong debugging capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to pursue this job, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to specify the job code of the opportunity that you are considering.