Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2019. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive computer consulting and IT outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, service delivery, network infrastructure, and employee compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our shared support information base and collaborative approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to build up a strong staff and a satisfied international client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-output engineers. Progent's concentration on providing IT expertise and network support to small businesses will give you the opportunity to operate personally with top executives and add measurably to the success of dynamic businesses. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides advanced tools for remote support and mobile communications to help you to implement fast solutions when you take on business-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based networks
- Work on premises and remotely to analyze and fix both urgent and ongoing problems related to availability, protection, performance, accessibility, and overall functionality
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and carry out upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange
- Develop and test security policies such as onsite high availability, resilience, backup/restore and AV plus remote or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust network architecture and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device setup, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application issues such as desktop PC software compatibility issues, server problems, data service problems, and connectivity issues
- Experience in business productivity software assistance (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in a virtual office setting, delivering reliable follow-up and utilizing remote access and wireless connectivity tools
- Works independently and shows high level of ownership and initiative
- Possess a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent troubleshooting skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to apply for this opening, you should email your qualifications to email@example.com. Be sure to specify the job number of the opening that you are considering.