Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2019. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Teaming with Progent
Progent is an innovative network consulting and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client marketing, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our extensive support database and collaborative style of problem resolution has helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal international client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's customers will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-output engineers. Progent's focus on providing IT expertise and technical help to small companies will be your chance to work closely with top executives and add measurably to the growth of exciting businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network offers state-of-the-art technology for remote access and mobile communications to help you to implement fast solutions when you take on business-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Work onsite and online to identify and fix both urgent and ongoing problems related to availability, security, capacity, accessibility, and general functionality
- Install, setup and debug apps hosted on Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design information technology topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office and Office 365, phone communications, and Internet access
- Design and implement upgrades to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange
- Develop and test security policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backups and anti-virus plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system architecture and 24x7 health monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ experience in desktop, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software installation, device provisioning, problem identification and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues including workstation program compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and access issues
- Experience in business application assistance (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a virtual office setting, delivering reliable follow-through and taking advantage online access and wireless communication tools
- Works without supervision and demonstrates high level of ownership and initiative
- Possess a working understanding of network layers L1-L7 and excellent debugging capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to look further into this job, please email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job code of the opening that you are considering.