Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Teaming with Progent
Progent is a progressive network support and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for customer acquisition, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our shared technical database and team approach to problem resolution has helped Progent to build up a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, high-productivity consultants. Progent's focus on offering IT consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work personally with top executives and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art tools for remote support and mobile communications to help you to implement quick solutions when you help with business-critical problems.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Work on premises and online to identify and fix urgent and lingering problems related to availability, protection, performance, accessibility, and general functionality
- Install, configure and troubleshoot apps hosted on Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT architectures including virtualized infrastructures and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office suite, telephony, and Internet connectivity
- Design and carry out upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Develop and validate security policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backups and anti-virus plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient network design and proactive server monitoring
- 10+ yearsí experience in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, device provisioning, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to debug application problems including workstation software compatibility issues, server issues, data service problems, and connectivity problems
- Background in business productivity application assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a virtual office environment, providing reliable follow-up and using online access and wireless communication technology
- Works independently and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong troubleshooting skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to look further into this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job code of the opening that you are asking about.