Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative network support and IT outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client acquisition, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our shared support database and collaborative approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to build up a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's customers will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, high-output consultants. Progent's concentration on offering IT consulting and network support to small and mid-size companies will give you the opportunity to work personally with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art tools for remote support and wireless connectivity to help you to implement quick solutions when you help with business-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Work onsite and online to identify and resolve both urgent and ongoing problems associated with availability, security, capacity, connectivity, and overall functionality
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot apps on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT topologies including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Support and manage MS Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, MS Office and Office 365, telephony, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and implement updates to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange
- Design and test security policies including on-premises high availability, resilience, backups and AV as well as offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system design and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine setup, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug software application issues such as desktop PC program compatibility problems, server issues, data service problems, and connectivity issues
- Experience in business software support (Microsoft product family)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, providing consistent follow-through and using online access and mobile connectivity tools
- Operates independently and demonstrates strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Possess a reasonable understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong debugging skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to apply for this opening, please send your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify the job number of the opportunity that interests you.