Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative computer support and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, service delivery, network infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in America. Our extensive support database and team style of problem solving has helped Progent to build up a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity engineers. Progent's focus on providing computer expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to operate personally with decision makers and contribute measurably to the growth of exciting businesses. Also, Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art tools for remote support and mobile connectivity to enable you to implement quick solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based networks
- Work on premises and remotely to analyze and resolve urgent and ongoing problems associated with reliability, security, capacity, accessibility, and general productivity
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot apps on Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT architectures including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Support and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange Server, Microsoft Office and Office 365, phone communications, and Internet access
- Design and carry out updates to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange
- Develop and test protection policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backups and AV as well as offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system design and 24x7 server monitoring
- 10+ yearsí background in desktop, server administration and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application issues such as workstation program compatibility problems, server problems, data service issues, and connectivity problems
- Background in business software assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-through and taking advantage online access and mobile communication technology
- Operates without supervision and shows strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Has a working knowledge of networking layers L1-L7 and excellent troubleshooting capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to be considered for this job, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job code of the opening that you are considering.