Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive computer consulting and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for customer acquisition, support delivery, network infrastructure, and employee compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our shared support information base and team style of problem solving has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a satisfied international customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's customers will improve your skills through cooperation with Progent's team of collaborative, high-output engineers. Progent's focus on offering IT expertise and network support to small businesses will be your opportunity to operate personally with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network provides state-of-the-art tools for remote support and wireless communications to help you to implement fast solutions when you take on business-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Work on premises and remotely to analyze and resolve urgent and lingering problems associated with reliability, protection, capacity, accessibility, and general functionality
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot apps hosted on Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology topologies including virtualized environments and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, MS Office and Office 365, telephony, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and implement upgrades to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange
- Develop and validate protection policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backups and anti-virus as well as offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust system design and proactive server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ background in desktop, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, machine setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug application issues such as workstation program compatibility problems, server issues, data service issues, and access issues
- Background in business software support (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in a virtual office setting, delivering consistent follow-up and taking advantage online access and wireless connectivity technology
- Operates without supervision and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and drive
- Has a working knowledge of network layers L1-L7 and excellent troubleshooting skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job number of the opportunity that you are considering.