Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Teaming with Progent
Progent is a progressive network support and IT outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client marketing, service delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive support database and team approach to problem resolution has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-productivity engineers. Progent's concentration on providing IT consulting and network help to small and mid-size businesses will give you the chance to operate personally with decision makers and contribute measurably to the success of dynamic companies. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art tools for remote access and wireless connectivity to enable you to deliver fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Operate on premises and remotely to analyze and fix both urgent and lingering issues related to reliability, security, capacity, accessibility, and general functionality
- Install, configure and debug applications on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT architectures including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange Server, Microsoft Office suite, telephony, and Internet access
- Design and carry out updates to Microsoft desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange
- Design and test security policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and anti-virus plus offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust system architecture and 24x7 server monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server management and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to debug application problems such as workstation software compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and access issues
- Experience in business application support (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual office setting, delivering reliable follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless communication tools
- Works independently and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Has a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent debugging skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to look further into this opening, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job number of the position that you are asking about.