Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Teaming with Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client marketing, support delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive support database and collaborative approach to problem solving has allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-output consultants. Progent's focus on providing IT consulting and technical help to small businesses will be your chance to work personally with top executives and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network provides advanced tools for remote support and mobile communications to enable you to deliver fast solutions when you help with business-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Operate on premises and online to identify and resolve both urgent and ongoing issues associated with reliability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall functionality
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and manage MS Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office suite, telephony, and Internet access
- Design and carry out updates to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange
- Design and validate security policies including on-premises high availability, fault tolerance, backups and anti-virus plus offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system architecture and proactive health monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, machine setup, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including desktop PC software compatibility problems, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Background in business productivity application assistance (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a virtual office environment, providing reliable follow-up and taking advantage online access and wireless communication technology
- Works without supervision and shows strong sense of responsibility and drive
- Possess a working understanding of network layers 1 through 7 and excellent troubleshooting capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to look further into this opening, please email your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to specify the job code of the opening that interests you.