Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Teaming with Progent
Progent is an innovative computer support and IT outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in America. Our extensive technical database and team style of problem resolution has allowed Progent to build up a talented staff and a loyal worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's clients will expand your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity engineers. Progent's concentration on providing computer consulting and technical support to small businesses will be your opportunity to operate closely with top executives and contribute measurably to the success of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network offers state-of-the-art tools for remote access and mobile communications to enable you to implement quick solutions when you take on mission-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based networks
- Work onsite and remotely to analyze and fix both urgent and ongoing issues associated with availability, security, performance, connectivity, and general functionality
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot applications hosted on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design information technology architectures including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange, Microsoft Office and Office 365, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Design and carry out updates to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange Server
- Develop and validate security policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backup/restore and anti-virus as well as remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient network architecture and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ yearsí background in PC, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, device setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to debug software application problems including workstation software compatibility issues, server issues, data service problems, and access problems
- Background in business software assistance (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and taking advantage online access and mobile communication tools
- Works independently and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Possess a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong troubleshooting capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to look further into this opening, you should email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number of the position that you are asking about.