Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive computer consulting and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, service delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive support database and collaborative style of problem solving has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-output consultants. Progent's concentration on providing computer expertise and technical help to small businesses will be your opportunity to operate personally with top executives and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies. Also, Progent's virtual office network offers state-of-the-art technology for remote access and mobile connectivity to help you to implement quick solutions when you help with mission-critical problems.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Work on premises and online to analyze and fix both urgent and ongoing problems related to reliability, protection, performance, accessibility, and general functionality
- Install, setup and troubleshoot applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Deploy and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT architectures including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Maintain and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and carry out upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and validate security policies including on-premises high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV as well as remote or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust network architecture and proactive health monitoring and alerting
- 10+ yearsí background in PC, server administration and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device setup, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application issues such as workstation software compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Experience in business productivity application assistance (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual office setting, providing reliable follow-up and utilizing remote access and wireless communication technology
- Works without supervision and demonstrates strong sense of responsibility and drive
- Has a reasonable understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong troubleshooting skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to look further into this position, you should send your qualifications to email@example.com. Please specify the job number of the position that interests you.