Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Joining Progent
Progent is a progressive network support and information technology outsourcing firm headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, support delivery, network environment, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our shared support information base and collaborative approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal international client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and supporting Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-productivity engineers. Progent's concentration on offering IT consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to operate personally with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure offers state-of-the-art technology for remote support and mobile communications to help you to deliver fast solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and repair Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Work onsite and remotely to analyze and fix urgent and lingering problems related to reliability, protection, capacity, accessibility, and general functionality
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot apps on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT topologies including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Support and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, MS Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and carry out updates to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server
- Design and validate security policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backups and AV as well as offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Efficient system design and proactive server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ background in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine setup, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including desktop PC program compatibility problems, server issues, data service issues, and access issues
- Experience in business productivity software assistance (Microsoft products)
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a virtual office setting, delivering consistent follow-through and taking advantage online access and wireless connectivity technology
- Operates without supervision and demonstrates high level of responsibility and initiative
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of network layers L1-L7 and strong debugging capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to apply for this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number of the position that interests you.