Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Joining Progent
Progent is a progressive computer support and information technology outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, support delivery, virtual office environment, and employee compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our shared support database and collaborative style of problem resolution has allowed Progent to build up a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-output engineers. Progent's concentration on providing IT expertise and network support to small companies will give you the chance to work personally with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure offers state-of-the-art tools for remote access and wireless connectivity to help you to implement quick solutions when you take on mission-critical tasks.
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based networks
- Operate onsite and remotely to identify and resolve both urgent and lingering issues related to availability, security, capacity, accessibility, and general productivity
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot applications on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design IT architectures including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud models
- Support and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, MS Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Design and implement upgrades to Microsoft desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange
- Develop and validate protection policies such as onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV plus offsite or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust system design and proactive server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ yearsí background in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, device setup, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug application problems including workstation program compatibility issues, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity problems
- Experience in business productivity software support (Microsoft products)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering consistent follow-up and taking advantage online access and wireless communication technology
- Operates without supervision and shows strong sense of responsibility and drive
- Possess a working understanding of networking layers 1 through 7 and strong troubleshooting skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to apply for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job code of the opportunity that you are considering.