Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Teaming with Progent
Progent is an innovative network support and IT outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client marketing, support delivery, network environment, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive technical information base and team approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's customers will expand your technical abilities through cooperation with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-productivity consultants. Progent's focus on offering computer consulting and technical help to small and mid-size companies will give you the opportunity to operate closely with decision makers and contribute measurably to the growth of dynamic companies. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art tools for remote support and wireless communications to help you to deliver fast solutions when you take on business-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Operate on premises and remotely to identify and resolve urgent and ongoing issues related to availability, security, capacity, accessibility, and overall productivity
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot apps hosted on Microsoft Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology architectures including virtualized infrastructures and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and manage MS Outlook client with back office Exchange Server, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and implement updates to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange
- Design and validate protection policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV as well as remote or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust network design and 24x7 health monitoring
- 10+ yearsí background in desktop, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, device provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug software application problems such as workstation program compatibility problems, server issues, data service problems, and access problems
- Experience in business productivity application support (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual office setting, providing consistent follow-through and utilizing remote access and mobile communication technology
- Works without supervision and shows high level of ownership and drive
- Possess a working knowledge of network layers 1 through 7 and excellent troubleshooting capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to be considered for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job number of the opportunity that you are asking about.