Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2019. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Why Consultants Are Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive network support and IT outsourcing company based in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client marketing, support delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our extensive support information base and team approach to problem solving has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal international client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's customers will expand your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-productivity consultants. Progent's focus on providing computer consulting and technical support to small businesses will be your opportunity to operate closely with top executives and add significantly to the success of exciting companies. Also, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art tools for remote access and mobile connectivity to help you to implement fast solutions when you take on business-critical problems.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Work onsite and online to identify and resolve both urgent and ongoing problems associated with reliability, protection, performance, accessibility, and overall productivity
- Deploy, setup and troubleshoot applications on Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT topologies including virtualized infrastructures and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud designs
- Support and manage MS Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Design and carry out updates to Microsoft desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and test protection policies such as on-premises high availability, resilience, backup/restore and AV plus offsite or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Efficient system design and 24x7 server monitoring
- 10+ years’ experience in PC, server administration and IT Infrastructure support (new software deployment, machine setup, problem identification and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application issues such as desktop PC software compatibility problems, server problems, data service issues, and connectivity issues
- Background in business productivity software assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a virtual office setting, providing consistent follow-through and taking advantage remote access and wireless communication technology
- Operates without supervision and demonstrates high level of responsibility and drive
- Has a reasonable knowledge of networking layers L1-L7 and strong debugging skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to apply for this opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job code of the opportunity that you are asking about.