Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Teaming with Progent
Progent is an innovative computer consulting and information technology outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, support delivery, network environment, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive support information base and collaborative approach to problem solving has allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied worldwide client base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-output consultants. Progent's focus on providing IT consulting and technical help to small businesses will give you the chance to operate closely with top executives and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides advanced tools for remote support and wireless communications to enable you to deliver quick solutions when you take on mission-critical problems.
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered IT environments
- Work onsite and remotely to analyze and resolve urgent and lingering problems associated with availability, security, capacity, connectivity, and overall productivity
- Install, setup and debug applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Install and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT topologies including virtualized infrastructures and on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and manage Microsoft Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange Server, MS Office and Office 365, telephony, and Internet access
- Design and implement upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and test protection policies including on-premises high availability, fault tolerance, backups and AV as well as remote or cloud-centric disaster recovery
- Robust system design and proactive server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ yearsí background in PC, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, machine setup, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues such as desktop PC program compatibility problems, server issues, data service issues, and connectivity problems
- Background in business application assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a virtual office environment, providing reliable follow-up and taking advantage remote access and mobile connectivity technology
- Operates independently and shows high level of ownership and initiative
- Has a reasonable knowledge of networking layers 1 through 7 and excellent debugging skills in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to pursue this position, you should email your qualifications to email@example.com. Please specify the job number of the opening that you are applying for.