Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative network support and information technology outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client acquisition, support delivery, network infrastructure, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our shared support information base and team approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's customers will improve your technical abilities through cooperation with Progent's team of mutually supportive, high-productivity engineers. Progent's focus on offering IT expertise and network support to small and mid-size companies will be your opportunity to operate closely with top executives and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office network offers state-of-the-art technology for remote access and wireless connectivity to help you to deliver quick solutions when you help with mission-critical problems.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Home-based, virtual office infrastructure
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and repair Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-powered networks
- Operate on premises and remotely to identify and resolve urgent and ongoing issues related to reliability, security, capacity, accessibility, and general functionality
- Deploy, setup and debug applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Design information technology architectures including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and administer MS Outlook client with back office Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office suite, phone communications, and Internet access
- Plan and implement updates to MS desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange
- Develop and validate protection policies such as onsite high availability, resilience, backups and AV as well as remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient network design and 24x7 server monitoring
- 10+ years’ background in PC, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software deployment, device provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to debug software application problems such as desktop PC software compatibility problems, server problems, data service issues, and access problems
- Background in business productivity software support (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a virtual office setting, providing reliable follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless connectivity technology
- Works without supervision and demonstrates strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Possess a working knowledge of network layers 1 through 7 and strong troubleshooting capabilities in L1-L4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you want to apply for this job, you should send your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify the job number of the opening that interests you.