Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the NY Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Advantages of Working with Progent
Progent is a progressive computer support and IT outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA}, in the center of Silicon Valley. Effective models for client acquisition, support delivery, virtual office infrastructure, and employee benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in America. Our extensive technical database and team approach to problem solving has helped Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-productivity consultants. Progent's concentration on offering computer consulting and technical support to small and mid-size companies will be your chance to operate personally with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network offers advanced tools for remote access and mobile communications to help you to implement fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Home-based, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based networks
- Work onsite and remotely to analyze and resolve both urgent and lingering issues related to reliability, security, capacity, connectivity, and overall productivity
- Deploy, setup and debug applications hosted on Windows Servers
- Install and configure Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktop PCs and laptops
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan IT architectures including virtualized infrastructures and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Maintain and administer MS Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office and Office 365, phone communications, and Internet access
- Design and carry out upgrades to MS desktop OS, Windows Server, AD, and Microsoft Exchange
- Design and validate security policies such as onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Robust network architecture and 24x7 server monitoring and alerting
- 10+ yearsí background in PC, server administration and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, device provisioning, problem isolation and resolution)
- 5+ years consulting background
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including workstation program compatibility problems, server issues, data service issues, and access issues
- Experience in business productivity application assistance (Microsoft product family)
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a virtual office setting, delivering reliable follow-up and taking advantage remote access and mobile communication technology
- Works independently and shows strong sense of responsibility and drive
- Has a working knowledge of network layers L1-L7 and strong troubleshooting capabilities in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you wish to look further into this opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job code of the position that you are applying for.