Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York Metro Area, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh PA to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2019. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Benefits of Working with Progent
Progent is an innovative computer consulting and IT outsourcing company headquartered in San Jose, CA}, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for client marketing, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and most successful Microsoft Partners in the U.S. Our extensive technical information base and team style of problem resolution has helped Progent to build up a strong staff and a satisfied worldwide customer base.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
joining Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your technical abilities through interaction with Progent's team of collaborative, high-productivity engineers. Progent's concentration on providing IT consulting and technical help to small and mid-size companies will be your chance to operate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses. In addition, Progent's virtual office network provides advanced tools for remote support and wireless connectivity to enable you to deliver fast solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Work from home, virtual office environment
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008-based IT environments
- Operate on premises and remotely to identify and fix urgent and ongoing issues associated with availability, security, capacity, accessibility, and general productivity
- Install, setup and debug apps on Windows Servers
- Deploy and integrate Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 desktops and notebooks
- Configure and analyze a variety of network services and applications including AD, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS & NTFRS
- Plan information technology architectures including virtualized environments and private/dedicated/hybrid cloud designs
- Support and administer Microsoft Outlook client with back office Exchange, MS Office suite, phone communications, and Internet connectivity
- Plan and implement upgrades to Microsoft desktop operating system, Windows Server, AD, and Exchange Server
- Develop and test security policies including onsite high availability, fault tolerance, backup/restore and AV plus remote or cloud-based disaster recovery
- Efficient system design and proactive health monitoring and alerting
- 10+ years’ background in desktop, server management and network Infrastructure support (new software installation, machine setup, problem isolation and repair)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Ability to troubleshoot software application problems such as workstation program compatibility issues, server problems, data service issues, and access problems
- Experience in business application support (Microsoft product family)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment, delivering consistent follow-through and taking advantage online access and mobile connectivity technology
- Operates independently and shows high level of ownership and drive
- Has a working knowledge of network layers L1-L7 and strong debugging skills in layers 1 through 4
Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP:EA)
If you would like to be considered for this position, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to specify the job code of the opportunity that you are applying for.