Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services.
Why Consultants Are Teaming with Progent
Progent is an innovative computer support and information technology outsourcing company based in San Jose, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Unique models for customer acquisition, service delivery, virtual office environment, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most successful Microsoft Certified Partners in the United States. Our extensive technical information base and team style of problem solving has helped Progent to build up a talented staff and a loyal worldwide client base.
If you have consultative sales experience and want to work with one of the strongest independent IT services teams in the country, Progent can give you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology to help small and mid-size businesses build state-of-the-art solutions. Teaming with Progent and working for Progent's clients will improve your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-productivity consultants. Progent's concentration on providing IT expertise and technical support to small businesses will give you the chance to work personally with top executives and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure offers advanced tools for remote access and wireless communications to help you to implement fast solutions when you help with business-critical tasks.
Business Development Representative
Combination of onsite customer visits in your local area and virtual office infrastructure
- Selling company's broad range of IT outsourcing and consulting services
- Generating and articulating key components of service engagement proposals which tie business requirements/needs to unique company deliverables
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Minimum Requirement Characteristics
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively and autonomously with minimal management direction and self-discipline for a work-at-home structure
- Strong ethics and personal integrity
- Superb and professional written and oral communications skills essential for presentations and negotiations, and possess meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to develop relationships at the every level to get to the decision-maker
- Must be very comfortable communicating primarily via E-mail, Instant Messaging and telephone
- Willingness to travel extensively in the Bay Area
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customer needs
- Understanding of product launch fundamentals and proactive in driving sales programs
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
If you wish to look further into this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify the job number of the opportunity that you are applying for.
- 5 years of consultative sales experience in business development with a focus on small to medium sized businesses.
- A background in IT sales and marketing is preferable.
Return to the main Jobs page.