Our Experts Team
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
If you are a talented consultant with proven ability in one of the areas now promoted by the Experts Team, you can learn about how to join this popular contracting opportunity by calling us at 800-993-9400 or sending email to email@example.com.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning our available jobs, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
The following is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions that tie Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.