Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Kansas City company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Kansas City, Missouri companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Kansas City, Missouri organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.