Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Las Vegas organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Las Vegas, Nevada organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that permits at-home workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to design, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that guards vital information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Las Vegas, Nevada company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.