Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Las Vegas company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Las Vegas, Nevada organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, deploy and manage a modern security environment that safeguards sensitive data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Las Vegas, Nevada business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.