Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Las Vegas organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Las Vegas, Nevada companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the business phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects critical data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Las Vegas, Nevada organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.