Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Lawrence company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Lawrence, Massachusetts organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects vital information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Lawrence, Massachusetts business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.