Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Lawrence organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Lawrence, Massachusetts companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or update their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards vital information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Lawrence, Massachusetts company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.